Back to List
Kisnn Associates, Inc. a service organization focused on Transportation Operations, Transportation Planning, Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) and Work Zone Planning activities is soliciting resumes to fill Operation Analyst positions at one of their client’s offices located in Jersey City, New Jersey.
Lead, design, develop, and migrate on premise engineering and business applications to a large-scale Azure cloud or a hybrid platform.
Execute technical feasibility assessments and project estimates for moving databases, data processing and visualizations to Azure.
Design and advocate solutions using modern cloud technologies, design principles, integration points, and automation methods.
- Mentor and share knowledge with peers, internal teams and customers as well to provide architecture reviews, discussions, and prototypes.
- Participate in overall engagement from strategy, assessment, migration, and implementations.
- Work with senior stakeholders to deploy, manage, and audit best practices for cloud products.
- Architect scalable data processing and analytics solutions, including technical feasibility for Big Data storage, processing and consumption e.g., development of enterprise Data Lake strategy, heterogeneous data management, Polyglot Persistence, decision support over Data Lake
- Report on progress of PROGRAM objectives; Ensure plan execution, Document and share technical best practices / insights with Engineering team
- Hands on experience with Databricks and using Spark for data processing.
- Hands on experience with Azure Data Factory – ADF.
- Implementation and design experience of hybrid and/or cloud architectures that utilize Azure
- Expert in either (Scala, R or Python), Pyspark, Hadoop, Spark, Pig/Hive is a must have.
- Data technology literate with a detailed understanding of data architecture and data tools and technologies, in particular in memory/in database and open source technology.
- Experience or familiarity with Azure SQL DB/DW, HD Insight, Azure Data Lake Analytics, Stream Analytics is a plus
- Experience in or exposure to solutions that are analytical in nature, employing data centric architectures, such as Power BI, etc. will be a plus
- Experience with Redis, NoSQL, MongoDB, Cassandra is a plus
- 5+ years of experience with deep understanding in both traditional and modern data architecture and processing concepts, including relational databases (e.g., SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle), Data warehousing, big data (Hadoop, Spark, Storm), noSQL, and business analytics
- 5+ years of success in consultative/complex technical deployment projects (where necessary, managing various stakeholder relationships to get consensus on solutions)
- Understanding of big data use-cases and Hadoop-based design patterns Knowledge of real time/stream analytics trends
- 5+ years of architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of complex application architectures (i.e. having an architectural sense for connecting data sources, data visualization, structured and unstructured data, etc.)
- Demonstrable hands on experience implementing Big Data solutions using Microsoft Data Platform and Azure Data Services
- Create a data factory, orchestrate data processing activities in a data-driven workflow, monitor and manage the data factory, move, transform and analyze data
- Design big data real-time processing solutions:
- Ingest data for real-time processing, design and provision compute resources, design for lambda architecture, design for real-time processing
- Designing big data batch processing and interactive solutions
- Ingest data for batch and interactive processing, design and provision compute clusters, design for data security, design for batch processing, design interactive queries
- Deep technical experience in one or more of the following areas: Software design or development, Application Design, Systems Operations / Management, Database architecture, Virtualization, IT Security
- Working knowledge with AGILE development, SCRUM and Application Lifecycle Management
- Microsoft Azure Cloud / Big Data Certifications
- Strong and innovative approach to problem solving and finding solutions.
- Excellent communicator (written and verbal, formal, and informal).
- Flexible and proactive/self-motivated working style with strong personal ownership.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize under pressure.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision as well as in a team environment.
To Apply: Interested parties should e-mail a resume and cover letter to Sanjay Patel at email@example.com EOE.
Closing date for applying is November 1, 2019.